Buy Silver Online
Silver is exceptionally popular today. Part of this is the belief that its potential for upside value increase is even greater than the same belief in gold. There is a very good book on this subject entitled: “ Why Silver Will Outperform Gold by 400% in the coming years”. It’s a very scholarly book and quite convincing. Give it a read if you have the time.
Silver Bullion PricesMind you, one need not look as far as that book to find evidence of the common belief that silver has great growth potential soon. All one has to do is go to the web or even Youtube, and there are advocates of this thought at every turn.At Durham Precious Metals, silver is an easy choice because it gives a sense of substance due to its lower cost per ounce than gold.
Silver Bullion CanadaProbably 90% of our business is silver sales, so this sentiment is fairly unanimous throughout the public. 10oz bars seem to be the most popular. Generic rounds and Silver Maples are the next most popular, and 1oz bars are in 4th place. We believe that 10 oz bars and 1oz rounds are your best value as their premium over the spot is very reasonable. However, there is no wrong choice regarding our silver product line because we try to concentrate on product lines with low premiums anyway.Silver has always been a form of money. Some will argue that silver has been demonetized, but we beg to differ. All one has to do is refer to Revenue Canada’s (CCRA) definition for 999 bullion. It is deemed by Rev Can to be a “ financial instrument.” Enough said on that subject!
Best Place To Buy SilverFrom a utility standpoint, silver has somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 industrial uses, including painting the backs of mirrors to create a reflective surface to collect radiation in solar panels. If nothing else, the lack of an above-ground supply of silver (which is relatively new historically) will keep the demand for this metal strong since, for most applications, there is no viable substitute.The renowned Royal Canadian Mint stands at the forefront of this market, producing world-class silver coins with exceptional craftsmanship and intrinsic value. Additionally, purchasing physical silver from accredited sources ensures authenticity and peace of mind.
Buy Silver OnlineCan you imagine the mayhem that would ensue if all the major electronic manufacturers came grinding to a halt due to a silver shortage? It would be catastrophic to the economy. We believe that this fact alone will be a major driver of support for the silver price when the powers that be run out of tricks in their attempt to suppress the price of silver. And yes, we agree that this practice continues in plain sight and that the regulators look the other way. Let’s hope justice prevails and the historic silver/gold ratio returns to its traditional level.
Researching the Silver Market in CanadaWhen considering buying silver in Canada, conducting thorough research is essential to make informed investment decisions. The silver market in Canada is a dynamic and ever-changing landscape influenced by various factors, including global economic conditions, industrial demand, and geopolitical events. To effectively research the silver market, here are some key steps and valuable insights:
Understanding the Silver Bullion MarketSilver bullion, including coins and bars, is a popular investment choice among individuals seeking to diversify their portfolios with precious metals. Silver bullion coins, like the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf, and silver bars are widely available. The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) is a prominent name in the Canadian silver market, renowned for producing high-quality silver coins and bars. Their products are recognized globally for their purity and craftsmanship.Here are a few things to understand about the silver bullion market:
- Monitoring Silver Prices: Keep a close eye on silver and spot prices, the current market price for one ounce of silver. Numerous financial news platforms and websites provide real-time updates on silver prices, enabling investors to track market trends effectively.
- Government Mints and Private Mints: Government mints, like the RCM, and private mints produce silver coins and bars. Understand the distinction between legal tender coins, backed by governments, and silver bars and rounds produced by private mints. Both options have their merits and appeal to different investors.
- Market Trends and Historical Performance: Analyze historical silver prices and market trends to identify patterns and cycles. This research can provide insights into future price movements, helping investors time their purchases more strategically.
- Accredited Dealers and Stores: Look for accredited dealers and stores with a reputation for offering authentic silver products. Reading customer reviews and seeking recommendations from experienced investors can help ensure a reliable and trustworthy buying experience.
- Online vs. Physical Store Purchases: Evaluate the pros and cons of buying silver online versus visiting a physical store. Online platforms often provide convenience and a vast selection, while physical stores may offer a world-class showroom experience.
- Industrial Demand and Economic Factors: Understand the role of industrial demand in the silver market, as silver is widely used in various industries, including electronics and solar energy. Economic factors, such as inflation and currency fluctuations, can also influence silver prices.
- Market Experts and News Sources: Stay informed by following market experts, analysts, and reputable news sources focusing on precious metals and the silver market in Canada. Their insights can provide valuable guidance for your investment decisions.
- Government Regulations and Taxes: Be aware of government regulations related to buying and owning silver in Canada. Additionally, understand the tax implications of investing in silver and reporting requirements.
- Customer Support and Service: Prioritize dealers or platforms that offer excellent customer support and service. Prompt assistance and reliable communication are essential for a smooth and satisfactory buying experience
Investing in Silver ETFs and FundsSilver ETFs are investment funds that trade on stock exchanges, aiming to replicate the performance of silver prices. Mutual funds function similarly but are not traded on stock exchanges. Instead, they are managed by fund managers and allow investors to pool their money.
Benefits of Silver ETFs and Funds
- Diversification: Silver ETFs and funds invest in various silver-related assets, reducing risk by spreading investments across different holdings.
- Convenient Exposure: Investors can participate in the silver market without the hassle of buying and storing physical silver.
- Liquidity: These investment vehicles offer easy buying and selling options on stock exchanges during market hours.
- Professional Management: ETFs and funds are managed by experts, providing investors access to professional portfolio management.
- Flexibility: Investors can choose from various ETFs and funds based on their investment goals and risk tolerance.
Drawbacks of Silver ETFs and Funds
- Market Volatility: Like all investments, silver ETFs and funds are subject to market fluctuations, which can affect their value.
- Tracking Errors: The performance of some ETFs and funds may not precisely mirror the actual silver prices due to tracking errors.
- Management Fees: Fees and expenses associated with these investments can reduce overall returns over time.
- Lack of Physical Ownership: Investors do not physically own silver, which may disadvantage those seeking tangible assets.
- Market Sentiment Impact: Large fund outflows or sudden changes in investor sentiment can influence the performance of ETFs and funds.
Selecting Suitable Silver ETFs and Funds
- Research and compare silver ETFs and funds based on their track records, expense ratios, assets under management (AUM), and investment strategies.
- Consider the fund’s investment goals, such as focusing on physical silver, silver mining companies, or a combination of silver-related assets.